Configuration of stm32l152 and dwm1001

Hello everyone,
I am trying to configure stm32l152 and dwm1001 - dev and implement TWR over UART. I am unable to iniatilze DWM1001 using STM32. It will be helpful if I could get a guidance on the initial steps. Thanks in advance

Hi @Seb
do you have your custom SW in the DWM1001 or do you plan to use PANS firmware in the DWM1001?

Cheers
JK

HI
I am planning to use the PANS firmware in DWM1001.
Thanks in advance

Hi @Seb
OK. The PANS firmware works as a standalone device you do not need initialize TWR over UART.

What do you mean under “I am unable to iniatilze DWM1001 using STM32” - please describe it more in detail.

How many anchors do you have in your network and what are you trying to do?

Cheers
JK

hi
I am trying to develop a uwb driver (for distance measurement, Two way ranging) with stm32l152 as the microcontroller. DWm1001 -dev is connected to stm32 using UART. I am new to DWM1001 - dev and confused on how to start the whole driver development. It would help me a lot if i could get some guidance regarding the same. i am uploading the set up and the block diagram for reference.

thanking in advance
Seb

Hi @Seb
I think that you are mixing two things together:

1. The PANS is “full blown” solution which you just need to configure (assign PANID, configure it to active node and decide who will be AN and who will be TN) - see the MDEK1001_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

2. Developing your own TWR solution. In this case you need to develop your own firmware for the DWM1001 and then you can connect it to the STM32.

From your picture it looks like that you want to follow the 2nd option and PANS wont help you here.

Cheers
JK

hi @leapslabs
Thankyou for the respnse. I guess got the whole concept confused.
I have the setup where the boards are connected via UART, and ST link is used. Where do I go from here for the firmware developement, is there any links which would get me in the right direction?
Thanking you in advance
Seb

Hi @Seb
there are a couple opensource project for TWR and so on - just search in the forum.

There are also a plenty of documents on the DW1000 product page: Ultra-Wideband - Qorvo

Cheers
JK