Configuration of DWM1001C with STM32L452 Nucleo

Dear all,
I have bought DWM1001C-Dev board and trying to configure them as anchors and tags using external STM32L452 board. I am unable to figure out how to proceed with it. I am using the given API over a serial terminal. When i execute dwm_loc_get i get only the lenght and type bytes, no distance information. I am communicating over UART. Is there a special order to execute this commands ? Thank you in advance

Hi @srdjan.milosavljevic
you can get the position of tag node only on the tag node (TN). It is not possible to get it from Anchors. Another way how to get them is to connect to TN via BT or setup a full installation with Raspberry PI.

Cheers
JK

To use the DWM1001C-Dev board as an anchor or tag in a DecaWave location system, you will need to configure the board and establish communication with it using the API provided by DecaWave. Here are some general steps you can follow to set up and use the DWM1001C-Dev board with an external STM32L452 board:

1. Connect the DWM1001C-Dev board to the STM32L452 board using a serial communication interface such as UART. Make sure that the appropriate pins are connected and that the communication settings (baud rate, data bits, etc.) are configured correctly on both boards.

2. Use the API provided by DecaWave to initialize the DWM1001C-Dev board and configure it for use as an anchor or tag. This may involve setting up the network parameters, configuring the communication interface, and setting the operating mode of the board.

3. Use the API to establish communication with the DWM1001C-Dev board and issue commands to it. For example, you can use the dwm_loc_get function to request distance information from the board.

It’s important to note that the API commands may need to be executed in a specific order, depending on the functionality you are trying to use. For example, you may need to initialize the board and set up the network parameters before you can request distance information.

If you are experiencing issues with the API commands, it may be helpful to review the documentation provided by DecaWave for more information about the API and how to use it. You may also want to check that the communication settings are correctly configured and that the DWM1001C-Dev board is correctly connected to the STM32L452 board. If you are still having trouble, it may be helpful to reach out to the manufacturer or supplier of the DWM1001C-Dev board for additional assistance.

1 Like