Bridge Mode in the Gateway

Hi all, i just want to know the limitations and info about what can i do and what i cant.
Couldnt find this in the PDF’s.

The info that i have:
"
Firslty, the bridge node (gateway) must be configured with the correct PANID to join the network. Then it will listen to the network and collects information about the surrounding anchors. It provides and maintain backhaul slots of the routing anchors and will continue to monitor the network operation and reassign routing anchors as necessary. Depending on the network topology a number of gateways may be necessary to cover the whole network area.
"

1: The comunication between gateway and anchor is possible ?
2. Can i change the config mode of a Node between gateway and anchor (ex: 5 seconds in bridge mode, 5 seconds in Anchor mode) ?

Best
FC

Hi Franco,

May I ask where you have found the following text :

"
Firslty, the bridge node (gateway) must be configured with the correct PANID to join the network. Then it will listen to the network and collects information about the surrounding anchors. It provides and maintain backhaul slots of the routing anchors and will continue to monitor the network operation and reassign routing anchors as necessary. Depending on the network topology a number of gateways may be necessary to cover the whole network area.
"

It is describe a behavior which was not implemented so it is incorrect.

Regarding you questions:

1. Yes it is possible to send downlink and uplink data between gateway and anchors (there is a reduce amount of data for the anchors, )

2. The system wasn’t really made to behave as such. I guess you could try such a hack on the raspberry pi but I am not sure it will work. I would not recommend it anyway.

Yves

1 Like

I think the text is from “DWM1001 System Overview And Performance Version 2.0”, section 4.5 “Operation of a bridge node / gateway”, which is included in “DWM1001_DWM1001-DEV_MDEK1001_Sources_and_Docs_v9.zip”

Peter

1 Like

Thansk Peter, I found it.

I confirm this description is incorrect. It will be fixed i nthe next document revision.

Yves

1 Like

thank you for your reply !

Best
FC

sorry but , if i want to send data between anchor and gateway, i need to use in this way ? :
Anchor>Uplink>Downlink>Gateway

Hey FC,

It works this way :

Anchor or tag -> uplink -> gateway

Gateway -> downlink -> tag or anchor

Thanks
Yves

1 Like