BLE MAC Address

Hi there,

Is there any way to get the BLE MAC address that is actually in use? I can see it as part of the system info received when the shell command si is sent through UART, but I can’t find any TLV command to get it through SPI interface (…and my final device will not be using the UART interface).

Thanks.

…sorry… I forgot to say that I meant for DWM1001

Hi YoHidden,

We don’t have such an api at the moment. I guess if you need it on the tag, you may need to extract it from the shell doing some kind of string processing,

What is your use case exactly ? Why does the node needs to know its own BLE mac address ?

Thanks
Yves

Thanks Yves.

[…]you may need to extract it from the shell doing some kind of string processing

…that was my intention but, as I told above, the tag will not be accessed through the UART interface but only through the SPI. And through the SPI there is no access to such same information as with the si shell command.

Why does the node needs to know its own BLE mac address ?

…in my case it was intended to be an easy way to identify and labeled the new tags (for operator eyes) when they are set up and run to join the network for the very first time. The shortened local name of the BLE node will do it as well.

Thanks.

Hi Yves,
I have similar requirement. I want the tag to know the mac address of each anchors from which the tag is receiving RSSI measurements. How to segregate the measurements based on the mac address.

Thanks