BLE API and GATEWAY

Hello,

I have been reading all the documentation I could find about the DWM1001 and I have purchased 5 DWM1001-Dev equipment to evaluate the product and see if its use for an indoor location project is feasible.

All the initial tests have been satisfactory, setting the environment is quick and easy, setting up a network is very simple … but we have encountered some problems as we have go into detail about how to perform the final application.

[list]
[]In many documents such as can be DWM1001 Firmware User Guide or DW1001 Firmware API Guide there are references to DWM1001 BLE API Guide or DWM1001-Bletooth-API but I have not found it anywhere.
[
]In the same documents there are references to Configure DWM1001 as a Gateway to receive the position of all Tags in the system but I have not found how to do it.
[*]Also there are references of Gateway using Raspberry Pi and Publish the data using MQTT but I have neither found it.
[/list]

Best Regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

[list]
[*]The BLE api document is available in the package below, under the document folder
[/list]
https://www.decawave.com/dwm1001-dw10001-dev-and-mdek1001-documents-source-code-android-application-firmware-image

[list]
[*]The gateway is no available yet. Keep an eye on the forum, we’ll communicate as soon as it is ready.
[/list]
Thank you,
Yves

Thank you very much,

I will start reading this documentation about BLE API

Is there any estimated date for the launch of the Gateway with the Rasbperri Pi?

Is there any method to know the position of the Tags through an anchor, or the unique way is obtain the position of the Tags directly from the Tag?

Best Regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio,

At the moment you can use a listener, which is a tag or anchor configured as “passive”.

We don’t have an exact date for the next release unfortunately.

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

[color=#333333]Thank you very much,[/color]

[color=#333333]I already have a small test network with 4 Anchor, 1 Tag and 1 Listener, using DWM1001 DEVELOPMENT BOARD and everything is working fine.[/color]

[color=#333333]The next steps will be to create a network with more TAGs to see their behavior and add options into the Listener to send the positions of all TAGs to the cloud.[/color]

I assume that MDEK1001 Development Kit is completely compatible with DWM1001 DEVELOPMENT BOARD, am I right?

[color=#333333]Best Regards,[/color]

[color=#333333] Sergio[/color]

Hi Sergio,

The MDEK kit is basically 12 dwm1001-dev boards in plastic enclosure, so yes it is compatible.

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

Are you using rTDOA topology for position estimation? If it is could you share the repository link.