Accessing the registers of DW1000

Hi all,

[color=#222222][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]We recently purchased the TREK1000 kit and downloaded the ARM sources ,PC sources and PC application.[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]Now we want to access the DW1000 registers (both for reading and writing). Is there a simple/conveniet way to do it by using a GUI or does one have to go all in and program the ARM, using the code examples provided with the kit?[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#222222][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif]Felix[/font][/size][/color]

Hi Felix,

the TREK GUI is only for drawing the anchors/tags and their relative positions on the screen. There is no reading/writing of DW1000 registers via the GUI.

You could use DecaRanging PC application, and USB2SPI mode on the EVB1000 to get access to DW1000 registers. Or as you say modify the ARM code to do that.

Hi Zoran,

Can you please elaborate on the first option? Is there a tutorial somewhere I can look up?

Another question - are you referring to the DecaRangeRTLS.exe? That’s the GUI I was using but I don’t see any USB2SPI mode there.

Many thanks for your input,
Felix

no, I was referring to DecaRanging PC application (this comes with EVK1000), or can be obtained from Leo… the docs that come with it give you all the details… both TREK and EVK EVBs can be put into USB2SPI mode … note the switches functions are slightly different between the two.

Note that if you are interested in reading/writing registers while operating in TREK application, then you will have to modify the ARM code, to be able to read/write registers while the unit is involved in TREK app.

Zoran

Hi
Please have a look at this thread : https://www.decawave.com/decaforum/showthread.php?tid=135
There is a presentation attached explaining how to and where to get information on regarding reading from and writing to registers.
/L

Hello

Can anyone provide this document, [color=#263238][size=small][font=arial, sans-serif] DecaRanging PC source code, because I havenot seen it anywhere on the Decawave website[/font][/size][/color]

Hello Timothy, you have to download the software package for the evk1000. This document is inside.

Hello Diego

Thanks for your reply.

However, I am afraid that this document is not available in the software package that you are suggesting. Actually the information that is in that package is the DecaRanging (PC) User Guide , and not the DecaRanging PC source code description which I need.

May be you could put the DecaRanging PC source code description on this thread.

Thanks

Could you please send a link to the program.