Accessing Accumulator data (CIR)

Hey guys,

have you ever tried to access Channel Impulse Response data from accumulator? I can not retreive it. Right after getting frame receive interrupt I call 20 bytes of ACC_MEM_ID register, and I get only 0x00 byte values. Receiver clocks are on (RXCLKS in PMSC_CTRL0). Can any other settings/bits have an impact on that matter? Have you ever successfully read ACC_MEM register values? I do not use Decawave software, so there is possibility I dont set up the chip properly.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
Bartosz

Hi Bartosz,

I haven’t tried that yet. Did you load the LDE firmware (see section 2.5.4 on page 21 of the DW1000 user manual)?

Good luck,
Robin

Yes, I am loading LDE code. Basically, I can perform full ranging sequence with multiple anchors. It may be, that despite some wrong settings my application is working but I just dont have an access to CIR data. Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Bartosz

Hey,

I have solved my issue. I was not enabling AMCE bit in PMSC register. To be clear, to retreive accumulator data you have to set RXCLKS to 01 and set FACE and AMCE bits :slight_smile:

Regards,
Bartosz

Hi Bartosz,

I think we met the similar problem. Can you explain a little more about
" I was not enabling AMCE bit in PMSC register. To be clear, to retreive accumulator data you have to set RXCLKS to 01 and set FACE and AMCE bits :)" ?
Codes would be more helpful. Thanks.

Bo

Hi Bo,

unfortunately, I am not able to share my code due to copyrights. Which part of “…you have to set RXCLKS to 01 and set FACE and AMCE bits” you don’t understand? :slight_smile:
As far as I remember, those birs are responsible for clocking of the accumulator access bus.

Regards,

Bartosz Kawłatow

Hi Bartosz,

Thanks for sharing your experience on accessing accumulator data. By following your steps, I am able to readback non-zero values. However, the value does not look plausible because there are many spikes within the entire range of 0~1016, either real or imaginary part, which means magnitude of channel impulse response is always large. I tested in indoor LOS. Do you see this before?

Regards,
ecole