About Multiple nodes in TWR

Hello Experts,

Currently, it is struggling during the development of a DWM3001C(& DWM3001CDK) based UWB positioning system.
I’d like to ask you a few questions about multiple nodes.

Q1. The supplied SDK (DWM3001CDK-DW3_QM33_SDK_CLI-FreeRTOS) is coded in the initf command to enable UWB transmission and reception with up to eight respondents.
If I modify the code related to this, how many respondents can I register and use it?
(This is based on the scan_fira_params function of common_fira.c)

Q2. The following commands are available in the SDK (DWM3001CDK-DW3_QM33_SDK_CLI-FreeRTOS) and the anchor can communicate with only one tag (initiator), so can I modify the SDK to locate multiple tags?
If possible, I would like to hear your opinion on which part to revise.
Is a multi-session connection possible or is it possible with a time division technique?
ex) initf 4 2400 200 25 2 42 01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08 1 0 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
respf 4 2400 200 25 2 42 01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08 1 0 0 1

Thank you for your attention.
Best regards

This is going to be vague since I’m not familiar with the FreeRTOS SDK but in general if you modify the code then yes you can do everything you are asking. How large the modifications would be I have no idea.

Multiple responders/anchors and one tag is already using TDMA, each anchors replies an allocated time after the initial message. If you want to extend this to more responses that should be relatively simple. However keep in mind that the longer the pause between initial message and response the more sensitive you are to errors in your clock rate difference estimation. This means there is a radio efficiency Vs range accuracy trade off you need to make.

There is nothing to then stop you at a higher level using TDMA between multiple tags. This is purely a processing issue to ensure you filter messages and calculate ranges correctly for each device.

Thanks for your response, but I’m struggling with the development, not the actual solution.
I would like to get help from someone who has implemented multiple tags or multiple anchors with the provided SDK.

Thanks.