Why DWM1001-DEV is much more cheaper than TREK1000?

Hi,

I’m wondering why the DWM1001-DEV board is so much more cheaper than TREK1000? What is the difference?

TREK1000 has 4 units for about 900$ so one unit is about 225$, but DWM1001-DEV board is about 37$, does it mean TREK1000 is much more superior than DWM1001-DEV? But from the datasheet, I can’t really tell the difference, they both are very similar.

Any help will be appreciated.

1 Like

Hi,
The MDEK/DWM1001 project was all about reducing the costs of our development kits while at the same time providing an easy to use platform and RTLS network for customers to jump start with UWB and location technology. TREK is a more customizable product that offers developers much more flexibility. TREK wasn’t really designed for a distribution market model and hence the cost is higher.

If you need a ready to go RTLS system - MDEK may fit your needs.
If you want to develop your own network on other channels with different data rates then TREK is a better choice.

Cheers,
Ken

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I’m looking at MDEK/DWM1001 at the moment, all the samples I could find is using raspberry pi, Do you have any Arduino Sample/library I could use to get location data through tx/rx ?

Regards,