Update rate and delay

Hi,
I have a DW kit with R2 so I have gateway, my point is if I decrease the update rate so I will save a lot of power, the tag track will delay so it will not give me the last position, it will move slow, but if I use 10Hz everything good and the tags move smoothly, any advice on this please?

Hi,
Not sure what you are describing?
Have you also adjust the stationary update rate?
Ken

I think he is referring to that when he moves using a slower update rate the tag doesn’t give the actual position of where it is when it updates, instead it’s lagging behind. I have seen it happen as well.

Say I move the tag 10 meters in X axis very quickly and use a slow update rate. Instead of giving me the 10 meter position when I move the tag, first it reports 2 meters, then on the next update cycle 4 meters etc. until it reaches the 10 meters.

I guess this has something to do with the filters and moving average implemented in the location algorithm.

1 Like

Thank you @dpelaez, you described it well, I tried to adjust the update rate as a minimum I could also with a good moving I put 5Hz for normal update rate and 2Hz for stationary update rate, it is not bad, but lower than this a very big delay will happen.
@Kenneth_Dwyer_DW

Hi All,
any comments, please?

Hi,

if you use DRTLS Web Manager, you can disable position average to reduce the latency.

Cheers,
TDK

Thank you @leapslabs , it is better now after I disable position average,
if I could do some other things will be good also if you know, please.
thank you.

Is there anyway to do this through the API?

I noticed the accelerometer can have have some delays to detect movement. Try disabling “Stationary detection” on the tag.

Hi,

the on-module position average is moving average of 3 and it cannot be disabled.

The position average which I have mentioned to @abd is done in the DRTLS Web Manager. You can change that code if needed. Similar average is also in the DRTLS Android Manager.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi Brian,

if you the accelerometer does not react as needed you might try to change its sensitivity via the API (see the doc).

Cheers,
TDK