Undertanding a gateway

Hi,
I have tested the MDEK kit with only a passive anchor, using the command:
minicom -D /dev/ttyACM0, in the VM environment through of USB port, follow I tested the commands (lep, lec and les ) to get tag’s position.

The mains advantages of the gateway(Raspberry pi 3(model B) + DWM1001-DEV) are:

•	DRTLS Gateway Linux Kernel Module
  •	DRTLS Gateway Daemon
  •	DRTLS Gateway MQTT Broker
  •	DRTLS Gateway Web Manager 

The getaway application is compiled into raspberry, but to compile I need install an OS as the Buildroot or the Raspbian, i’m right?
The gateway application Is none of the examples that are in the folder dwm1001_host_api, i´m right?

Best regards

Hi Costa,

The gateway application will be release in the next two weeks and is not available yet. Please keep an eye on the forum.

Yves

hi,
is gateway application already available?
any update?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Octavio,

Yes it was released few weeks ago. There have been extensive discussion about it on the forum so I would recommend you to go through the different thread to understand how it works in addition to the documentation.

Please see DWM1001 PANS Release 2

Hope it goes well,
Thanks
Yves

hi,
thanks for such fast response,
I have a gateway already running. It was mentioned that source of the gateway were also available, is that true? it cannot find it anywhere. I have the feeling that provided examples(DWM1001_host_api) are not enough.
With Kind Regards. O.

Hi Octavio,

Have you downloaded the raspberry pi image we provide for the gateway?

Gateway and Host_API are two very different software components.

Please refer to the gateway_quick_deployment_guide from our website.

Thanks
Yves

hi,

Thanks again, i have a RPi running and showing results in MQTT. Will you provide the sources for “linux kernel module”, “dwm daemon”, “DWM proxy” (names taken from figure 3 gateway software components.)
With Kind regards.
O.

1 Like

Hi Octavio,

We are currently not providing the Raspberry Pi software components. There is some demand so we’re looking at how we can release it to customers.

Please keep an eye on the forum on the coming weeks.

Thank you,
Yves

hi,
understood, if i were to create my Linux kernel module, my software connecting to DWM1001 where do you recommend me to start?, perhaps looking at Host_API?
With Kind regards.
O.

1 Like

Hi Yves,

I have yet to find any source codes of the followings:
DRTLS Gateway Linux Kernel Module
• DRTLS Gateway Daemon
• DRTLS Gateway MQTT Broker
• DRTLS Gateway Web Manager
Is there a plan to release? there have been quite a lot of queries on these.

Regards,
David

Hi David,

There’s no plan to release source code for these software components so far.

Yves

Hi @Yves_Bernard_Qorvo,
Is there any update regarding with the release of the source code of Raspberry Pi gateway?