Unable to Install Android App

Hi,

I am having some trouble when trying to install the android app to my tablet.

The tablet is running Android 6.0, I have downloaded the .apk file from the Decawave website (https://www.decawave.com/products/mdek1001). When I click on the download to install the app I get the message ‘There was a problem parsing the package’.

I have changed all of the Android security settings to allow for third party apps to be installed, and have re-downloaded the .apk file to ensure it was not corrupted, however I continue to get the same message.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Same issue here. I can install other APK’s without a problem, but the decawave apk will not open (android 8.0).

Hi,
I had similar issue. Check if the if you can install 3rd party SW is allowed and check if the android app file ends with “.apk” .

Regards,
drg

After download, go to the download location on the tablet/phone, either internal or external storage - in my case the APK was in My Files->Internal Storage - >Download folder.
Click on the APK and see if that works.

The App is now available on Google Play, give it a go and let us now how it goes. Thanks!

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the update. What name is the app under in Google Play? I can’t seem to find it (I have updated Google Play).

Thanks

Hi JHodgson,

You should be able to find the android application “Decawave RTLS Manager R1”

In which region are you ? It should be available in all countries but there may be delay.

Let me know how it goes,
Thanks
Yves

Hi Yves, thanks for this info. I am in the West of England, I’ll keep an eye out over the next couple of days incase of a delay.

Thanks

Ok that’s a bit strange because I’m in Ireland and I can see it. I’ve tried with a few android devices, and they all see it.

Let me know if you still can’t see it in a few days.

Yves