Should I Use Gateway Rpi For 3 Anchors And 2 Tags?

Hello,
I have 6 Modules In Total. My Goal Is to just measure distance between 2 tags at any given moment. Should i use gateway Rpi for this? And How Can I Get the distance between 2 tags

Hi @xvichie
could you describe bit more your use case? There too many various answers for your questions.

In general for PANS firmware: You need to gateway only when you need to get the data from tags via UWB. But you can connect to the tag via serial line or via BT and get the position form them.

Regarding distance between to tags: You need to read position from both of them and ten you must calculate distance between them. See this: Distance between 3D Points

Cheers
JK

How Can I Get Tag Position From BT? Or Can I Get Them Straight From Rpi with serial? Also,when Using Soldered Moduled, Rpi Doesn’t recognise it’s Serial Port.

Im Sorry, I Was Able To Detect Serial Port Just Fine. But How Can I Get Tag’s Positions from bridge module?

Hi @xvichie
you should start with the documentation - please see
DWM1001C Software and Documentation Pack

Regarding the RPi - you need to use provided RPi image (work only with RPi 3B !!!) and then you can connect to MQTT and observe its position.

Regarding the serial port - you need to enable it on RPI via rpi config.

Cheers
JK

Can You Provide More Information About MQTT?
How Can I Set it up and connect to it.(I Have read the quick gateway guide but it still seems unclear to me.). Should I First Setup Proxy On My Rpi and then connect to mqtt?

hi @xvichie
everything is ready to go (kernel module, daemon, proxy, MQTT, web interface) in the provided Raspberry pi image.

Un fortunately somehow in the documentation is missing info about the MQTT - but it is a quite straight forward (the web interface uses a MQTT for everything) + check some recent post about MQTT I think that somebody posted some info about it.

Cheers
JK

I’m Using Provided Raspbian Image, Although I did run sudo apt-get upgrade .I Managed to get Web-Interface working, although for some reason, Tags and Anchors do not show up. Also, When Using MQTT Broker, I get this message: Connect failed: AMQJS0007E Socket error:undefined. Note: I’m Using HiveMQ Browser Client, as provided MQTT.fx tells me that i need license, that I have requested, but haven’t gotten back just yet. What Should I do?

Hi @xvichie
you need to re-flash the SD card with the original rpi image. The apt-get upgrade update the kernel and then the dwm.ko (PANS kernel module) is not longer loaded because of kernel incompatibility. That is the reason why you dont see anything.

Cheers
JK

@leapslabs Can you provide the sources for compiling dwm.ko? According to the modinfo on this module it’s released under the GPL, which of course as you know requires the sources to be provided on request. Thanks!

Hi @tranxxenolab
Im not a Qorvo guy. You have to ask Qorvo for providing that source code.

Cheers
JK