Send User Data with PANS

Hi, I would like to send data from one tag to another, just a few bytes. How would I do this using the PANS Api? I am not sure how to iot data functions work, and there is no internet connection where I am deploying the nodes.

Hi Vikram,

sending data between the Tags is not possible in PANS.

But there is a work-around if you use the Gateway.

Use the PANS library to write an UserApplication to send a command in the User Data to the Gateway. There, when received the command you can forward it by sending User Data to the Tag via MQTT Broker. On the Tag you would have also an UserApp which receives the message.

Cheers,
TDK

Thanks TDK,

would it be possible to use gateways as tags as well? The way I am using the decawaves is that i have anchors dropped all around the ground, and a person with a tag will go around and get distance to the anchors. If another person is present, then I would like to send data between the people’s tags. Since this tag communication is not possible, could I replace the tags with gateways and still get communication info to the anchors? Would using the ss-twr code with initiators and responders found on github be a better way of implementing this approach? Thanks!

Hi Vikram,

no, that is not possible. You would have to create some protocol which would work best for your application. The repository https://github.com/Decawave/dwm1001-examples is a good starting point I think.

Cheers,
TDK