Ranging problem

Hello

I am using DWM1000 for indoor navigation .I created a 6 meter square start testing with 3 anchor and 1 tag.
I am facing some ranging problem when any object come in between tag and anchor .What should i do to overcome this issue.

Remove the objects that are in the way :).

What is the problem you are having? “some ranging problem”

Hi
You say “ranging problem when any object come in between tag and anchor”.
What is the problem? No range (blockage) of a not reliable range (eg due to reflection) ?

Either way , these are known and well documented behaviours.
Please have a look at appnote APS006 (part I,2 &3). APA006 Part 1 explains your issue (possibly) , while APS006 2 & 3 explain how to manage it.

In general when objects are placed between tags and anchors , whether it’s an object or a person, the attenuation characteristics of the objects may well influence the (real) range due to reflections and/or RF attenuation reasons.

You could consider different RF configurations and/or use more anchors in the network and/or consider different antennae.
Investigation of the range issue in more depth should also be done. See diagnostics analysis in the user manual (section 4) and again APS006

All documents can be fetched from https://www.decawave.com/

/Leo

Hi

I had kept the anchor at 9 meters above the ground and all anchors are at line of sight.I used to keep the tag in my pocket and the datas are shared via bluetooth from the tag to mobile app,but i’m not getting the accurate value.What should i want to do to get it correct value.Can you suggest me way to improve line of sight

Now i am using the configuration mentioned below

2              // channel
                    DWT_PRF_16M,    // prf
                    DWT_BR_6M8,    // datarate
                    4,             // preambleCode
                    DWT_PLEN_128,   // preambleLength
                    DWT_PAC8,       // pacSize
                    0,       // non-standard SFD
                    (129 + 8 - 8) //SFD timeout

TX power 0x1F1F1F1F