Probing and waveform viewer

@LucasDB Oh, I review Olli message again and definitely my mis-understanding. ALT only solve probing without moving wire or device but not vice versus. Thanks for reminding me.
I personally not ran into this problem frequently as I highly rely on using .plot command and close waveform viewer before simulation is run and regenerate plot as according to .plot if I changed something. But I understand your concern about moving wire/device mess the waveform viewer or scaling issue.

Let wait and see if waveform viewer will evolve in future. Possibly waveform viewer is not as essential as simulator during this beta phase, and bug fixing is priority. I believe it will eventually get improve after Mike collects more feedback from different users and come up with the best. You know, different people have different opinion what the best implementation.

At this point, I also need to write program to handle plot or thing that waveform viewer currently not support. Have to be in patient as may be many priority items are on the list.

1 Like

I totally agree with LucasDB:
these two items should be fixed.
It seems we need two knobs:

1. to switch off autoscaling
  2. to switch off probing (while editing schematics)
2 Likes

@paulQ

I totally agree with LucasDB:
these two items should be fixed.
It seems we need two knobs:

1. to switch off autoscaling
  2. to switch off probing (while editing schematics)

You have my vote :+1:

I would be Ok with never being in “probe mode” unless you held down some key or combo.

I use the plot window save function to “avoid” auto scale but it sure would be great if you could “save” the plot window settings and re-run the sim and the plot would not just jump back to auto scale mode, that is super annoying.

Mike has recently implemented a new feature that allows to suspend cross-probing between the schematic and the waveform viewer. You may have noticed this update, but it does not specify where to find this option. After confirming with Mike, here is how you can enable or disable this feature: The option will only appear if there is an active waveform viewer window that is cross-probing to the schematic.

06/17/2024 Implemented the ability to suspend cross probing off so you can edit a schematic without changing the waveform setup.

Hi Kelvin, this morning (at me at least) after update also some new features appears meanwhile, apart from Suspend cross probing. Add also these to the documentation.

2 Likes