Open or Convert an LTspice Schematic?

I’m also having issues about converting things from LTspice to work in QSPICE, specifically schematics (.asc) and Symbols (.asy). I have some symbols that are based on schematics, and I have schematics that use these custom symbols. To get familiar with QSPICE, I thought it would be a good exercise to try and make them work.

So, as others have tried, in LTspice, it seems to recommend generating a netlist from a schematic (to start). I’ve never had the need to do this in LTspice before, so this is all new to me. What intrigues me is that you can do it in two ways:

1. Under View, you can generate a SPICE netlist. Then, right click and either edit as independent netlist or Generate Expanded Listing.
  2. Under Tools, you can export a netlist for a bunch of other programs (yeah, this method got me some errors with the comments)

I used the second option, which may have been contributing to all my concerns thus far, but I wonder why the two options are so different.

Now, symbols from LTspice to QSPICE is tricky. From the looks of it, you’re going to have to recreate the symbol in QSPICE as a .QSYM file. At least this seems workable, provided that there’s no problem linking the corresponding schematic netlist as a library file associated with the symbol.

I’m still working on this, but I wanted to share what I’ve learned so far. Perhaps this may help others as well.