No /dev/ttyACM0 from VM Linux terminal

Looking at p.23 (section 4.3.2.1) of the DWM1001 Firmware User Guide, I see directions to access the DWM1001’s shell mode from the terminal using minicom. But the indicated endpoint doesn’t exist. The J-link and USB ports are set up and redirected through Windows and the VM. I can run “make recover” from the terminal and can build and run the example from Eclipse (although I painfully cannot access any printf output for debugging purposes, which is precisely why I’m trying to access shell mode), so I know the USB connection is properly configured, but ttyACM0 simply isn’t there.

I don’t understand why it doesn’t behave like the Firmware guide. It instructs you to build and run through Eclipse, and even instructs you to add a few printf statements, even though you can’t see the printf output when you run it. I don’t understand this scenario. Are the docs in the firmware guide supposed to work, or is it known that the printf statements instructed from the guide can’t be seen when you then run it?

The docs are confusing on these points. I can’t get up and running.

Thanks.

1 Like