MDEK1001 MQTT Protocol

Hey All,

I tried the Decawave RTLS system using the Android application and it’s working fine.
I read the documents and I understood that we can log the data using J-Link software pack as mentioned in Section 8 of System user manual.

But I am making a system in which I like to display the live location of tag on a web dashboard. I read that there is DRTLS Gateway MQTT Broker which I believe can help me but am not able to find the relevant documents for that.

I also believe that I will need to add a raspberry module on it as to enable remote connections, but can anyone help me in this thing? How to setup the whole system so that I don’t need Android Application and get the updated co-ordinates on the server.

Looking forward for a helpful response.

Thanks

Hi driftking,

We are currently developing a software that will run on a raspberry pi 3 model B as a gateway, interface on a dwm1001-dev board and send data to a MQTT broker. You could also implement such a behavior yourself but it will take a bit on time so I would recommend that you keep an eye on the forum and take the firmware we’ve developed once it is released.

One comment about Jlink and its purpose : Jlink allows you to reflash the board with a custom firmware. You don’t need it to retrieve data on a computer.

In order to get data on a computer, you need to connect to the virtual comport associated with the board ans setup a serial connection with the following configuration : 115200 8N1.

Let me know how it goes,
Thank you,
Regards
Yves

Thanks Yves for the quick response.
What are the timeline we are looking at? If it’s around the corner I will definitely wait else I will like to work on it myself. Any relevant tutorials or documents will surely help a lot.

Am looking to make a minimal system ( am sure you guys must be working on a lot of features) and any docs will surely help.

One more question : I am not able to find any SDK’s or anything with which I can implement this RTLS into my own android application. For example I was thinking a situation in which I activate a device as tag with the help of BLE system.

Thanks.