MDEK1001: Delay reporting new location position

Hi,

I have modified the “Update Rate” of a Tag so that it transmits its position once every minute. Then I have made some tests moving the tag short distances (2-3 meters) and have checked that the new position is not inmediatly refreshed; it continues moving until it reaches the final static position (some minutes later).

Is this a normal behaviour? Is there any way to speed up this process?

BR,

Etxahun.

1 Like

Yes this is normal, the Location Engine in the tag uses average of 3, this is why it takes couple of measurements before the average settles at the new location.

If you need a faster update, then you could use the stationary/moving feature so that the tag has faster update rate when moving and slow update rate when stationary.

Thanks Zoran!

In case of the stationary/normal mode, is there any way to increase the “stationary update rate” higher than 1 minute? As far as I can see, this is the maximun rate. In case of the “default value”, which rate corresponds to?

BR,

Etxahun.

the max rate is 10 Hz (i.e. 100 ms), this can be set for both stationary and normal modes.

Hi Zoran,

I meant lower “update rate” than 1 minute, is it possible to set values such as 10min?

Once again, thank you.

BR,

Etxahun.

Hi,

sorry, I misunderstood the question, no, the max is 1 minute, any longer would mean that the tag would drift too much in the off period and would not be able to maintain the sync with the superframe slots and then would have to re-discover the anchors and re sync every time it tried to range.

Z