Issues getting started with DW3000evb and nRF52840 DK - specifically around Decaranging

Hi! I hope you’re all having a wonderful day. I’ve been trying to get my DW3000EVB shield to work with the nRF52840 DK boards, but so far I’ve had no luck. I’ve tried suggestions in other posts, but so far nothing has worked. What’s been really confusing is a lot of the documentation around decaranging is tailored to the discontinued EVK3000 board.

In particular, I am having trouble getting decaranging to connect to the COM port of the board. I try all of them to no avail. I’ve tried flashing the twr hex to the board first then trying decaranging and I get the same result. At this point I’ve been working on this on and off for about a month now and have been unable to even get the simplest communication with the chip… Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you so much <3

Oh, one last question:
So the nRF52840 DK that I have looks like this:

But I’ve seen boards with the exact same name have a large chip, probably a microprocessor, in the top middle of the board where you can see the white outlined empty space in the picture above (google nRF52840 DK and look in images and you’ll see what I mean)
I’m wondering if I am using the correct nRF52840 DK board?

Thanks again, and I’m looking forward to any replies and assistance :slight_smile: