I have a problem with crystal oscillations

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]Hello, I was working on a DW1000 module PCB board recently, and I encountered the problem of sending and receiving. I used active crystal oscillator and used 3v power supply.[/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]The output of crystal oscillator is connected with XTAL1, load is 2200pf, and XTAL2 is floating.[/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]However, I used an oscilloscope to measure the XTAL1 pin, and his frequency was stable at 38.3996mhz, and the frequency was off by about 400hz from 38.4m. I would like to ask you whether this crystal oscillator problem caused my unsuccessful communication.[/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]Thank you![/font][/size][/color]

Hi
I take it you’re using a TCXO, correct? Could you specify which one?
Anyways the 400hz “off” should not give any problems as it’s still within the spec.
The TCXO also seems to be connected correctly, in accordance to the Datasheet and APH001, our HW design guide.

Could you therefor explain in more detail what your issue is?

/Leo

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]Thank you for your answer. My test question is within one meter.[/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]The parameters are channel 5, PRF=64M,Preamblelength=1024,DWT_PAC32,standard SFD,DWT_BR_110K,DWT_PHRMODE_STD,SFD timeout=(1025 + 64-32).[/font][/size][/color][color=#333333][size=small][font=Arial,]Then the test situation is that there will be frequent bag loss, only in some angles will be better.[/font][/size][/color][color=#4a90e2][size=small][font=Arial,]Now I find that it is not the crystal frequency problem, because according to the manual, 400hz is tolerable. It seems that there is something wrong with my power supply, I use HT7833 5v-3.3v, and I use ap2121_3.0v 3.3 v-3.0v. Should I use rf-ldo?[/font][/size][/color]

Hi Again,
Please have a look at the DW1000 datasheet (application section) and/or APH001 (TCXO and application section) which was sent earlier.
In there you can read that the use of LDO is advised

/Leo