How to use bluetooth mode in Programming language(Python,Javascript)?

Hi, I have 2 dwm1001 setup as just initiator anchor and tag communicating through serial(using provided firmware and configuration shown in quick deployment guide). How can I make it wireless over bluetooth? And also, i want to have distance measurement in python/javascript.

Hi @xvichie
what do you mean with “How can I make it wireless over bluetooth?” ? In default configuration the bluetooth is enabled but the DTRLS can show only the position of the TN. And for position calculation it need at least 3 anchors.

And also, i want to have distance measurement in python/javascript.
For this you need to write your own SW or search the forum.

Cheers
JK

Basically, What I am asking is how can I Setup these 2 modules, So that they will communicate throught bluetooth(instead of serial) and how can I get data(distance between these modules) Into Python/Javascript?

Hi @xvichie
I would recommend you to start with shell to see what you will get and then switch to the Python/js. Basically You need to set up one node as Anchor initiator (ani command in shell) and the the second one as TAG node ( nmt command in shell) and then on TAG you need to run “les” command to see the distances.

For BLE communication please see the DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf - Chapters 3.1 Api via BLE interface and 7. BLE API - you can find them here:
DWM1001C Software and Documentation Pack

Regarding Python/JS) Sorry I cant help here you but search forum you might find some samples.

Cheers
JK

Thanks, I Made It Work On PC. But Now I have Problems doing it on raspberry pi. I cant seem to find which serial port is the module using. Can You Help Out With That?

Hi @xvichie
this depends on RPi version. But as far as I remember you need to enable secondary serial in the raspi-config tool (+ dont forget to disable the system shell on this secondary UART interface - you can do it also in the raspi-config).

Cheers
JK