Getting started with DW3120 or DW3220

I am starting with dw3120/ dw 3220 for pdoa calculation.
It would be helpful if you provide me few clarification.

1. I can remove DW3110 UWB IC from DWM3000EVB and replace it with dw3120/ dw 3220 the IC pins are compatible ?

2. Any suggested antenna if i use dw3120/ dw 3220 ?

3. As per system my understanding of architecture anchors are dw3120/ dw 3220 and tags can be DW3110 IC (as it doesn’t support pdoa) ?

4. Any code / reference / getting started material from decwave or any other source would be grateful .
    thanks

1. I can remove DW3110 UWB IC from DWM3000EVB and replace it with dw3120/ dw 3220 the IC pins are compatible ?

In theory yes. Not the easiest bit of rework to do but possible. However this wouldn’t help you much since the DWM3000 module only has one of the two antenna pins connected to anything.

1. Any suggested antenna if i use dw3120/ dw 3220 ?

Any suitable UWB antenna would work, either the chip antenna from the DWM3000 or a pcb trace antenna as used on the DWM3001. The critical requirement is that the two antennas are connected by matched traces to the IC and are a known short distance apart.

1. As per system my understanding of architecture anchors are dw3120/ dw 3220 and tags can be DW3110 IC (as it doesn’t support pdoa) ?

Either or both ends can be DW3x20 parts and can measure PDoA. Measuring the angle from the anchor helps locate the tag. Measuring angle from the tag introduces an extra unknown of the the tags orientation but still can be used to aid location calculations with the added benefit of also calculating tag orientation. For most applications the cost/size/benefit trade off means it only makes sense to add the extra complexity to the anchors but that doesn’t mean that is always the case.

Generally to make use of both antennas you’re looking at a custom PCB. If you look on this board you will see a number of different boards and threads about using pdoa. They would probably be a good starting point.

Thanks for your reply