Firmware update question

Hi!

I flashed module with R2.0.
There are settings:
After that module started updating:

Settings after update:

I don’t see any changes in sys: fw2 ver=x01030001 cfg_ver=x00010700.
What has happened and changed?
From where did it get update?

Thank you!

Hi @what_is_love_chik
your network (anchors) have enabled firmware update. After flashing the TN wakes up in passive mode (where the update is possible) and fwup=1 mean that firmware update is enabled. Once the firmware differs (it compares the FW checksum) then the TN starts downloading anchor FW to remain the same as it is on anchor.

Why is this happening? Because you don’t have the same firmware on AN and TN. This could be because use of different PANS versions or one is compiled with user app.

Cheers
JK

Once the firmware differs (it compares the FW checksum) then the TN starts downloading anchor FW to remain the same as it is on anchor.
Why is this happening? Because you don’t have the same firmware on AN and TN. This could be because use of different PANS versions or one is compiled with user app.

I flashed the firmware which you provide here .

1. Isn’t it the last one?

I flashed this firmware to all modules.
After their start they got in contact with dwm1001-dev anchors. And all the modules (which I flashed) got firmware update.

1. And now I am interested what is the difference between firmware which I flashed by myself and firmware which modules got after firmware update due to those dwm1001-dev anchors?
  2. What I should associate fm_ver=x01030001 with (I mean diferences in version for me as a user of your system)?
  3. If PANS versions were differenet why hasn’t fw_ver changed due to fw update which I described in the first post?

Thank You!

Hi @what_is_love_chik
I thing that you have there the mix of standard release PANS 2.0 and PANS 2.0 compiled by yourself or is it from some example.

You can create a custom PANS2.0 with your app inside. But in that case it will have different checksum than the original release and the FW update check will trigger the update mechanism. The update mechanism check firmware checksum and not the fw_ver.

From your description you dont have the standard FW in your anchors.

Cheers
JK

1 Like