DWM1001 Range Issues

Hi,

I am working on a project that requires me to track assets in the factory. We have decided to build an application that works with DWM1001.

However, the one issue we have is with the range. Considering that we need to cover 30 meters and more, is there a way to design multiple networks without these networks interfering with each other?

Also, we experience wrong readings after 20 meters. I am not sure if this is due to having the our zero anchour at the beginning of the line.

Thank you.

Hi GEnang,

At the moment, PANS does not support network coexistence, and it will be really difficult to have different networks in the same neighborhood. You will need to space them enough so they can’t hear each others (+60-70m to be safe)

Regarding the wrong reading after 20 meters, do you have more details ? Is it in LOS conditions ?

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

Hi Yves,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the 20 meter issue, the tags are in LOS. However, we have resolved this issue as we noticed that every time we get to 20 meter, the tag gets wrong readings because the anchors in that range are not added to the network as it seems we were exceeding the range for the seat allocation by the initiator.

Can we have full control over how the network assigns seats to anchors?

Many thanks,
GEnang

Hi Genang,

The seat allocation is automatic and cannot be controlled. How many anchors do you have ?

I would expect the anchors to hear the intitiator at 20 meters, take a seat and repeat the superframe for surrounding anchors that would be further from the initiator.

Thanks you,
Regards
Yves

Hi Genang,

The seat allocation is automatic and cannot be controlled. How many anchors do you have ?

I would expect the anchors to hear the intitiator at 20 meters, take a seat and repeat the superframe for surrounding anchors that would be further from the initiator.

Thanks you,
Regards
Yves

Hi Yves,

we currently have 20 anchors with 30 tags and we plan to expand and cover more areas in the factory using the anchors.

I have attached a PowerPoint slide containing a brief design for the previous and current layouts of anchors, i believe this will help you understand why i asked about how the seat allocation works .

Many thanks,
GEnang

The 5 meters distance between anchors is most likely too short, all anchor seats are gonna be occupied and i’d say anchors on the far extremity will not be able to get a seat.

You need to increase the space in between anchor. In the next release, the anchor seat number should be increased to 30 so hopefully that will help too.

Regards
Yves

I will make these changes and run a few experiments.

Thanks Yves, I appreciate the help.

-Godfrey