DWM1001 on raspberry model 3B can't not see any anchors and tages

Dear Sirs,
I have tried to set up an environment for position detecting. After I set up panid for anchors and tags, I can see them on Android app, but I can’t see them on pi.
Could you guide me how to configure pi to role a gateway and add all anchors and tags into this gateway?

截圖 2022-09-16 下午4.18.23
This figure is my captured log. Can anyone guide me? Thanks.

Hi @herrowang
in most cases this is cause by two possible reasons:

1. Improper header soldering into the DWM1001DEV module
  2. Improper RPi powering - you must use original 5.1V power adapter

Cheers
JK

Dear @leapslabs
Thanks for your advice, I would like to try to change the power provider of RPI from connecting to USB port of computer to use original 5.1V power adapter.
But item 1, you could provide any good method about header soldering into a DWM1001-DEV module ?

Hi @herrowang
PC USB port is not sufficient for powering RPi 4 so this would be the main issue.

Regarding the soldering) It just must be soldered. We have seen that some user just plug in the header into the DWM1001DEV (without soldering) and then plug it into the RPI and it obviously didnt work…

Cheers
JK

Dear @leapslabs
I have took your advice to change the power provider of RPI 3b to specified power adapter but the DWM1001-dev module is still not get others DWM1001 devices. Is there any others advices to help me to resolve this issue ?

Hi @herrowang
please send me:

1. few last lines from DMESG.
  2. Connect the USB to the DWM1001-DEV on the RPI and send me the output of si command.

Cheers
JK

Dear @leapslabs
results of demsg as following:

the result of si command of DWM1001 as the following figure:

Dear Sirs,
How is the situation now?

Hi @herrowang
the bridge is not connected to the UWB network! The bridge must use the same PANID as you UWB network. In the DRTLS manager open you network → navigate to Network details and under the network name is Network ID: xyz → you need to se t this xyz to bridge configuration file.

Cheers
JK

Dear Sirs,
We have tried to set up PANID of bridge as others UWB network, but it is still not found successfully.
As image 1, other devices of dwm1001 can be detected in a sam PANID, but the bridge one of pi is still not found even the PANID is set to the same PANID of uwb network.
image 1 mobile app

image 2 raspberry pi

@leapslabs
Could we try to read coordinates of tag from PC to connect USB interface directly ?

Hi @herrowang
from your provided picture the issue seems to be clear now - there is no Anchor initiator in your network! Pick one of your anchors and in the setting change its configuration to initiator (check box).

Regarding the position - over the UART are available two interfaces

1. binary API - this is running by default and it si supposed to be used as a communication channel between DWM1001C and program. More details can be found in this PDF DWM1001-API-Guide.pdf
  2. shell - this is designed as a human interface - here you can use les / lep / lec for TN position printing.

Cheers
JK

Before we want to try build up UWB network , we have set “frst” command to make factory rest first.
We would to try using les/ lep/ lec to print TN position, thanks.

BTW, you could please provide us where we can download DRTLS_raspbian_R2.1.img? Because of we are using 2.0 image.

Hi @herrowang
the frst set TN to factory state which is TN in passive mode.

You need to reconfigure some nodes to Anchors (AN) and one node to Anchor Initiator. Otherwise it would not work. I would recommend to you to follow the MDEK1001_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Cheers JK