DWM1001 low power mode

Hello!

I made some basic setup with the DWM1001-Dev kits (4 anchors, 1 tag, 1 listener). For my future work, I will need some DWM1001 tags with an independent power source. To keep the power consumption of the tags low, I did some tests with the low power mode. Currently, I’m not quite sure about the following:

[list=1]
[]The DWM1001 tag (in low power mode) sends its location data to the listener every 10s. Is it possible to turn off this functionality? The tag should only wake up and send information data if it gets moved.
[
]What is the power consumption of the tag in low power mode (if no location data is sent to the listener)? In addition, if I am connected to the DWM1001-Dev (configured as a tag with low power mode enabled) via shell, “pms” shows all of the threads in [color=#111111][size=small]state[/size][/color] “use”. But that is probably because I’m still connected via shell and the tag only gets into low power mode if no connection is active, am I right?
[*][color=#111111][size=small]At[/size][/color] the listener, I can see the location data with the corresponding tag ID. Is it possible to change this ID or to send a custom ID to the listener?
[/list]

Best regards

1. You can use “stationary” mode to have a lower location rate when stationary, the min rate (moving or stationary) is one location every 60s.

2. Please see DataSheet for power consumption values. Yes the shell needs to be off/not used if you want lowest power.

3. No.

[color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]This is an aproximation for the current consumption versus sampling interval for a tag with disabled responsive mode:[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]I=0.43/t[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif]where t is the sampling interval, see attached picture.[/font][/size][/color]

Thanks!

But also for the stationary mode, is it possible to change the location rate? For my setup, it is important to have the lowest power consumption possible and I only need to get the position data when the object is moving (which is not that often). Would it be possible to customize the firmware in a way that this behaviour can be achieved?
[hr]

Thank you! That’s quite helpful!