DWM1001-DEV minimal connection

I’d like to connect my DWM1001-DEV directly to my Raspberry Pi. I have software that currently runs and talks to it over usb/uart already. However I can’t just plug it in because I have another device that is using the same SPI and uart pins. So I’d like to make the minimum number of new connections to the pi. Can I just connect uart rx, tx, 5V, gnd and the reset line? Basically ignoring the SPI connection.

Do I need to clear the solder jumpers at J14 and J15 to disconnect the ST microcontroller from the uart lines?

Thank you.

Hi @esteimle
is there is used SPI/UART port on the RPI then you cant connect it to the RPI via the header.
However you can connect it to the RPI via USB cable.

Cheers
JK

It is possible to connect the DWM1001-DEV module directly to your Raspberry Pi by using the UART connection and ignoring the SPI connection. To do this, you will need to connect the UART RX and TX lines, 5V power, ground, and the reset line.

To disconnect the ST microcontroller from the UART lines, you will need to clear the solder jumpers at J14 and J15. This will allow you to use the UART lines to communicate directly with the DWM1001-DEV module.

Keep in mind that you will need to configure your Raspberry Pi to use the correct UART port and baud rate in order to communicate with the DWM1001-DEV module. You may also need to modify the software you are using to communicate with the module to use the correct UART port and baud rate.

Thank you, I have this working.

You’re welcome, esteimle. Glad I could help.