DWM1001 bluetooth connectivite / fail due to configuring

Hi!

1. There were 5 devices (all tags) in one PAN network.
  2. Then 4 of them were reconfigured as anchor via bluetooth (realme 5).
  3. One of devices vanished from the list of devices in android app. (other 3 anchors and tags worked properly).
  4. I tried to connect to the device via UartShell but it didn’t recall.
  5. I turned off power supply. After that Uart worked properly. But I couldn’t connect to dwm via bluethooth (realme 5). DWM1001 Bluetooth was on (I checked it with Uart shell).
  6. I erazed the firmware and loaded it again (R 2.0).
  7. UartShell worked properly. Realme 5 couldn’t connect via BLE (but it was in the android list of bluetooth devices). Another Android phone could connect via BLE to this module.
  8. So my phone cannot connect to this module. But it can connect to another modules via ble (we have 19 modules in stock).
  9. Also I turned off and turned on responsive mode via listener (web drtls). It didn’t help.
  10. Also I turned off and turned on ble via teraterm. It didn’t help.

So my questions are:

1. How can I connect to this tag via ble from my phone?
  2. Why the dwm1001 vanished from my ble list when I was reconfiguring it? And why couldn’t I connect to it via TeraTerm untill I turned off power source?

Thanks!

Hi @what_is_love_chik
I would expect that you are using PANS.

Be aware of responsive mode - once it is disabled you can only connect to the TN via BLE for a cca 20 sec of after power on. The then BLE is disabled. This could be also the reason why you could not connect to it via shell. Once it is in the non responsive mode you need to enter to shell by pressing the Enter once (that will wake up the module) and then twice (to enter the shell).

Do you use DWM1001-DEV or your custom HW?

It is a known that on some phones might be an issues with BLE as the manufacturers trying to save money here and the BLE implementation is not well made. Unfortunately there is no help here and it is not possible to adjust the Android app for each manufactured phone.

Regarding your questions:
re 1) There is a chance that you cant because of something in your telephone. Try to enable/disable the airplane mode. Sometime it helps.

re 2) My best guess is that you have accidentally disabled the responsive mode.

Cheers
JK

Be aware of responsive mode - once it is disabled you can only connect to the TN via BLE for a cca 20 sec of after power on. The then BLE is disabled.

• So I could turn off repsonsive mode via BLE accidentally. That is why it didn’t work.

Once it is in the non responsive mode you need to enter to shell by pressing the Enter once (that will wake up the module) and then twice (to enter the shell).

-Tnank you!
-I will try it next time

Do you use DWM1001-DEV or your custom HW?

• DWM1001C on our custom HW.

re 1) There is a chance that you cant because of something in your telephone. Try to enable/disable the airplane mode. Sometime it helps.

-The thing is that I can connect to all other modules on other custom HW via my phone.

re 2) My best guess is that you have accidentally disabled the responsive mode.
My colleague can connect to this module via his phone.

Thank you!
We will be looking for a solution.