DWM1001 Anchor Configuration alternatives

Hi ,

I have using DWM1001 - MDEK1001 kit. I have been using Android application in order to configure Anchors and Tags. It works well till the time I am adding 10 Anchors , 1 Listener, and 1 Tag to single network. Now I have got 2 more kits in total 36 Anchors/Tags. When I try to add more the 12 or 13 devices to single network Android app is simply not even detecting them.

Any idea what could be the issue? Are there any limitations? Is there any other way to create network other than using Android Application?

Dharmesh

Hi dpurohit,

This functionality will come with the release 2 of the software. It will be possible to create a network through UART interface by setting the pan id.

I will keep you updated when the software is released.

Thank you,
Yves

Thanks for the reply.

If I understand correctly the release 2.0 is for the Android Application and will allow to add more than 12 participants/devices into one network through Android application?

Should I assume that I cannot use more the 1 kit for the single network? and there is no workaround to this.
Any idea when release 2.0 is scheduled for?

Dharmesh

Hi [color=#333333][size=small]Dharmesh,[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]Release 2 is a new firmware for the device. One of its main new feature will be the addition of a gateaway and connection to the cloud. [/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]It also adds a command allowing network creation over uart (what you are looking for).[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]With the current release, if you want to assign a high number of anchor to network, you’ll have to do it with the android app. But make sure you turn off the anchor after assigning it to a [/size][size=x-small]network[/size][size=small], otherwise it will keep use of the ble connection.[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]But you can use more than one kit in a network. Please look at the document below, section 7.[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]https://www.decawave.com/sites/default/files/dwm1001_system_overview.pdf[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small]Thank you,[/size][/color]
[color=#333333][size=small]Yves[/size][/color]