Dwm_xxx_compile Functions and Sleep Current

Dear all,

I have another issue with my custom firmware on the DWM1001. However, I observed the same behaviour with the dwm-simple example.

The original problem was that some tags (around 5%) which leave the UWB field an re-enter the field do not appear in the web ui anymore. Through serial debugging using the shell, I found out that UWB is connected but not the backhaul. The only way to get the tags back is to reset them. I then traced the problem down to the dwm_xxx_compile functions in the user start function. If I only use le_compile and ble_compile or only le_compile, the problem is there. The problem is gone, when I use the dwm_shell_compile and the dwm_serial_spi_compile. However, solving this problem rises another problem. When I use the additional compile functions, the sleep current rises from 30µA to 1.2 mA which is way too much for our industrial application. I don’t need spi, uart or shell.

Has anyone observed the same behaviour or does anyone have a solution?
Currently I am working with 200 tags an 30 tags that left an re-entered the UWB field do not connect anymore.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your responses!!
Markus

What is your blink rate?

Stationary update rate: 1 min
Nominal update rate: 200 ms

After further testing today, I found out some more things that might be helpful:

I did a test with 47 tags all programmed with the dwm-simple example. The only changes I made in the firmware were to comment out the following lines:

APP_ERR_CHECK(dwm_upd_rate_set(10, 10));
dwm_shell_compile();
dwm_serial_spi_compile();

Within the 47 tags, I had 41 of our self-developed tags and 6 DWM1001-Dev-Boards.

The simulate that the tags are leaving the UWB field, I switched off the initator, waited until all tags and anchors disappeared in the web ui and then switch on the initiator anchor again. After doing so for about 20 times, the number of tags shown in the web ui is reduced from 47 to 6. All other tags are stuck in a state, where I can only bring them back with a reset (pulling the reset pin to GND). Within the missing tags, there are also 3 of the Dev-Boards. Thus, I can say that the issue is not hardware related.

I also tested with nomial and stationary update rates of 1s with the same result.