DW1000 increasing anchors number increases frequency

Hi all, I’m performing two way ranging RTLS with DW1000 by using 1 tag that communicates with an arbitrary number of anchors. I noticed a strange fact, when I increase the number of anchors, the whole frequency of the system increases (actually I thought it would have been the converse). It is like anchors react faster when number of anchors in the system increases. Moreover, anchors are processed by tag in ascending ID order, and this fact I suppose will generate time latency. It is possible these events occur or there’s just an error in the code?

Hi,

Is there a fault in the code? No idea , as I don’t know what code you’re talking about.
But if I take for example TREK, what you notice mignt well be explained because of the way the SW is written.
eg TREK TAG is trying to establisch communication with 4 ANCHORS, by default. If there is only 2, then the TAG will timeout and move on to the next anchor, and maybe again, will wait for a time out.
So having 4 anchors could increase the update speed as there won’t be any timeouts.

Leo