Debugging message reception. Frame Received but CRC is wrong

Hello,

I am working on creating a system of DWM1000 nodes using a Teensy 3.2 microcontroller. I am having issues with message reception of the initial poll from the tag to the anchors. When debugging I was printing out the event types to get a better sense of how the system is behaving. I noticed I am consistently receiving DWT_SIG_RX_ERROR indicating that the frame was received but with a bad CRC.

1. Does this mean that the tag itself received a frame with a bad CRC or the anchor heard the poll but it was sent with a bad CRC?
  2. What does a bad CRC mean?

I am also working on creating a sniffer tool to help me better understand the message exchange and IEE 802.15.4 standards. I’m having the same issue where the reception of the messages are not triggering interrupts.

1. Are there functions within the ARM section of the decawave code that could be helpful for this?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I have the similar problem.
any suggestions are appreciated! thanks!

Hello, it seems that depending on the micro-controller used, the CRC capabilities will be different which makes sense. However, I am not sure if this will affect the ability to read the DW1000 during its initialization as well as the data afterwards correctly. I am wondering if adjustments in firmware need to be made to accommodate this if it is a problem. If someone can comment on this, it would be appreciated. Thanks!