Correct way to subscribe to ProxyPosition without disconnect?

I’m using an Android device and connected to a TAG. I’m able to connect and read an operation mode or proxy position characteristic. But it only reads about six proxy positions before it stops sending them. I can see this tags positions working fine with my listener mode. So I don’t understand why it just sends six over bluetooth and never again. Oh and if I don’t read proxy position characteristic, the tag will disconnect after a short while. But everyone seems to have that issue.

I did read another thread where someone talked about subscribing to proxy positions but I did not quite get what I had to do on the bluetooth side to subscribe. Maybe that’s part of the problem.

Thanks!

Hi @esteimle
could you give us a bit more info - which proxy you are using and have you enabled notifications (one of loc_data, fwup_resp, proxy_pos)? When the notification is not enabled the module will disconnect you after a while.

Cheers JK

I’m not sure? I’m trying to directly connect to one of the tags over bluetooth. So it’s just an Android phone + one tag. How do I get it to send me constant position updates (without disconnecting)?

Thank you

Hi @esteimle
sorry to confusing you. I had a chat with another colleague and he thinks that you are not subscribed to proxy topic - you are just connected to device and then you are reading the proxy positions. You need to be subscribed to that topic to not to get disconnected from the node.

See this post: Bluetooth disconnects after certain amount of time - #2 by maxbauer

Let me know if it help.

Cheers
JK

Okay yes! That sounds right, how do you “subscribe”? I have not been able to figure that out. I’m trying to read the Android source to find out.

Hi @esteimle
I have no idea as it depends on your tools. In the post I have pointed before is this repository where should be some example how to do that: GitHub - bofetadas/UWB-RTLS-Tool: Simple Android app that displays the position of a tag inside a UWB RTLS based on decawave's DWM1001-Devkits

Cheers
JK