Bluetooth Connectivity of DWM1001

Hi,
I am working on DWM1001. I am trying to connect DWM1001 module through custom made application. Do we need specific Decawave sdk or can we use normal bluetooth communication?
Thanks,
Hanish

Hi Hanish,

If you are usign the default DWM1001 firmware (PANS), please have a look at the BLE api documentation in the following archive :

https://www.decawave.com/dwm1001-dw10001-dev-and-mdek1001-documents-source-code-android-application-firmware-image

Thanks
Yves

Hi Yves,

I have read the mentioned document, but still not able to figure out how to send device details by creating my own structure.

Thanks
Hanish

Hi Hanish,

what data would you like to send? The API document and the reference source codes of the DRTLS Android Manager should provide you information of how to communicate with the module via BLE.

nRF Connect Android app from Nordic is also useful during the development.

Cheers,
TDK

I would like to send details like whether the device is configured as tag or anchor, or if it is in active mode or passive mode,or if UWB is active or not and all other details like that.

Thanks,
Hanish

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Hanish,

I am still confused about your needs. You have mentioned about sending, but it sounds like you want to read the configuration from the module?

The general steps to do communication with the module via BLE are

1. Discovery the node by listening to advertisement.
  2. Connect to the module. The module allows only one connection at the same time.
  3. Subscribe to the characteristics provided by the module to receive the data (e.g. node configuration, location data, etc.). You need to subscribe to at least one notification else the module connection would timeout.
  4. Write data to the module via the specified characteristics (see the PANS BLE API documentation).

You can use nRF Connect from Nordic for a quick start.

Cheers,
TDK

Hi leapslabs,

Connection has been done and I am able to configure modules from my application. But I still have a query. Whenever I scan devices using decawave app, it only discovers DWM modules whereas my application discovers all the available devices like smartphones and fitness band.How can I restrict my visibilty to only DWM1001 modules?

Thanks,
Hanish

Hi Hanish,

the PANS nodes can be filtered using Service Data UUID. The UUID should be 680c21d9-c946-4c1f-9c11-baa1c21329e7. You can check the BLE API documentation for more information.

Cheers,
TDK

Hello…I am attempting to build my application utilizing the module now and I have figured out how to utilize the [IBluetoothLE].StateChanged to check whether Bluetooth is on or off, yet I am attempting to utilize the [IAdapter].DeviceConnected to check whether the application knows whether I am associated with another Bluetooth gadget, yet I can’t make it work. I am presently simply associating with gadgets from the settings of my telephone, not through the application itself. Is this even conceivable?

1 Like

Could you share how you connected via bluetooth? I’m working on a project and I can’t fix it.