BLE mesh in DWM1001 nRF processor

Hello,

I was wandering if Decawave has thought in using the BLE-mesh network capabilites of the nRF52832 on the DWM1001 module. Maybe the BLE-mesh network could be used to send data for configuration/operation/external sensors. This way, maybe the UWB network could be liberated to focus only on the RTLS engine.

This is just a comment…

Regards
Epenciso

Hi Epenciso,

That’s a good idea but usually the UWB range is higher than the BLE range so I’m not sure it would always work.

Also, the BLE softdevice has priority over the UWB so using it very often will strongly constraint the possibility of transmitting/receiving with the UWB radio.

Coupling UWB for accurate location and Wifi for back-haul can be an interesting compromise.

Thank you,
Regards
Yves

Thank you for the answer Yves,

I understand BLE should not be charged with work. And maybe BLE-Mesh is even more time consuiming. But I do not understand where the Wifi comes from? Are you planning to use a wifi radio instead?

BR
Epenciso

Hi Epenciso,

I was more thinking about a platform solution other than dwm1001. The dwm1001 supports BLE and UWb and there is no plan to add another radio for now.

Thank you,
Regards
Yves