Antenna calibration custom hardware

Hi,

I’ve designed a custom PCB with the decawave dw1000 ic and a LNA in the RX path. I now try to calibrate the antenna delay. I’ve used multiple approaches, based on APS014 document and polypoint calibration. But I can’t get it to work between my hardware and dev board or twice my hardware.
There is always an offset of ±30cm. I need way better accuracy for my application. Is there anyone willing to share more on how you calibrated the antenna delay and/or different algorithms i can try out? I think most algorithms fail in that they calculate the aggregate antenna delay. But with the LNA i can’t seem to divide this in RX and TX antenna delay used in TWR.

Kind regards,
Bjorn

Hi Bjorn,
Sorry I cannot help you with the calibration but I was hoping you could tell me what difference the LNA made to your design. We are investigating using an LNA with a view to increasing the range if you found this to be the case.

Thanks in advance

Liam

Hi Liam,

We haven’t tested in the field yet where we can get these distances. At this moment we test in a indoor environment which has the same size of a small part of an outdoor application where we’re going to use our application. Once we can solve this calibration, we’ll test this outdoor purely to measure the distance we can achieve. I hope this will be in the near future. I’ll keep you posted on the range we achieve.

Kind regards,
Bjorn

Bump,

Is anybody able to help us with this? If we can get this working we’re ready for the first tests in the field. And if those will be good we’re going to equip thousands of equipment of our clients world wide.

Kind regards,
Bjorn