Anchor, Listener & Tags stops working all of sudden

Hi ,

I have setup MDEK1001 kit with following setup

• 6 Anchors (one of them is Initiator/Origin, Power plugged)
  • 1 Listener (Connected to my laptop reading serial data over USB)
  • 1 Tag

I used android application in order to setup all the anchors. I measured distances between Anchors and set it up correctly.

Everything was working fine, I was able to get positions with the documented accuracy. I was pretty happy with the performance and accuracy.

However, all of sudden I noticed my Tag stopped sending data on serial connection and also stopped sending data on my Android application. Looks like every thing stopped. No error. once in while it sends data over serial connection. Just one liner entry instead of it sends whole bunch of data like I used to see before.

This happened couple of times before and when I come next day and start it again it works fine.

In order to debug the issue following step I have performed:

1. Disconnected Listener , powered it off and connected back and tried to read it again - (did this several times)
  2. Changed battery on Tag
  3. Unplugged and re-plugged all the Anchors
  4. Tried to test with different Tag

None of above work for me and entire setup is crashed and I am not able bring it back.

Is this something common that happens to everybody? Can somebody explain what could be the issue and how to resolve the problem?

Thanks,

Dharmesh

Hi Darmesh,

Have you seen this error again ? Do you know how to reproduce it ?

Can you just clarify if the tag was connected to UART as well or only the listener ?

If the tag is not able to range to at least 3 anchors because of line of sight for example, it does’t send location to the listener or the android app and the system will appear to be stuck from the user perspective.

If the tag output is actually stuck as well, then it means the tag itself it stuck and it’s not due to line of sight or UWB network. And we need to further investigate.

Thank you,
Best regards
Yves

I have a similar example where one of my tags stopped working. It shows up in my listener and android app but is at 0,0,0 and will not return location. When I bring up the tag in the android app , the settings are the same for my other tags yet it does not return anything? I have 6 other tags that I am tracking with 4 anchors and they are working great. Defective? How can I reset it?

Jim

Hi Vyes,

Thanks for your note.

Here is the break down of your questions and my answer to them.

1. Have you seen this error again ?
    [ANS] - I have seen this error 3rd or 4th time.

2. Do you know how to reproduce it ?
    [ANS] - I really don’t know how to reproduce it. Suddenly it stops working.

3. Can you just clarify if the tag was connected to UART as well or only the listener ?
    [ANS] - Only listener was connected UART. Generally I move the tag for tracking its position.

4. If the tag is not able to range to at least 3 anchors because of line of sight for example, it does’t send location to the listener or the android app and the system will appear to be stuck from the user perspective.
    [ANS] - I haven’t test this if tag is seeing at least 3 anchors, I will have to test this , any easiest way to verify my tag is seeing at least 3 anchors. Is there a visualization on android able that can help the how many anchors are seeing my tag?

Thanks,

Dharmesh

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you had any update regarding this stuck tag. Have you seen it again ?

If yes, could you make sure the tag stationary update rate is set to 10Hz and not the default value in the android application ?

Regarding you question and visualization of anchors ranging with tags, it is only possible to see it on the tag uart output. The android application does not have this information.

Let me know how it goes,
Best regards
Yves

I will try this update and let you know this weekend. I just have 1 tag that has this issue.

Jim